Bijan Robinson shines in his debut: He played in over 70% of offensive snaps with the starters and made a few nice plays.
Several Day 2 rookie wide receivers earn roles in 11 personnel: Every second-round wide receiver and even a few round-three receivers have already earned significant playing time in Week 1.
Chigoziem Okonkwo takes 100% of 11 personnel snaps with the starters: He rarely played in 11 personnel as a rookie, making this a big step forward for his playing time.
Estimated Reading Time: 15 minutes
PFF's fantasy football recap focuses on player usage and stats, breaking down all the vital information you need to achieve fantasy success in 2023. You can find more information on why it’s essential to pay attention to the preseason here. Here are the 10 biggest notes from the weekend of games. For more detailed notes from each game, click here for individual recaps.
And be sure to check out PFF's 2023 Fantasy Draft Kit for even more content to help you dominate your league.
Player Profiles | Depth Charts
Rankings: PPR | Half-PPR | Standard | Superflex | Best Ball
Dynasty Rankings: PPR | Rookie | Superflex | Superflex Rookie
Position Rankings: QB | RB | WR | TE
Sleepers: Top-10 | QB | RB | WR | TE
League Winners: Top-5 | QB | RB | WR | TE
Breakouts: QB | RB | WR | TE
Position Draft Strategy: QB | RB | TE
14-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy
12-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy | Picks 1-3 | Picks 4-6 | Picks 7-9 | Picks 10-12
10-Team Draft Strategy: Overall strategy | Picks 1-3 | Picks 4-7 | Picks 8-10
Bijan Robinson shines with the starters: Robinson didn’t start the game, but he gained 26 yards on one drive with the starters.
- Tyler Allgeier started the game and played the first two offensive snaps, but Robinson proceeded to play 12 of the following 15.
- The fact that Robinson hasn't started this preseason should not be concerning. Plenty of teams have opted to start veterans at the position — even in the regular season — just to have the younger player play more snaps and have more fantasy success.
- Robinson consistently played four snaps in a row, with Allgeier giving him a break for one or two snaps.
- Robinson ran the ball four times. He broke off a 12-yard run, and he also caught a 6-yard pass.
- It’s worth noting that Cordarrelle Patterson missed this game with a soft tissue injury and is expected to miss a few weeks.
- Both Robinson and Allgeier were taken out for the second drive.
- Robinson is capable of living up to his ADP if he’s playing more than 70% of offensive snaps, as he did in this game.